Rev. Dr. Walter Arthur McCray
Rev. Dr. McCray is a “Gospelizer”--a holistic “Good News messenger” of the resurrected Lord, Jesus Christ. He is a seasoned minister of the Church, and lives with his wife in Chicago. McCray is a prolific writer, and author of the noted series on The Black Presence in the Bible. Since 1999, he has served as president of the premier Evangelical organization of African-Americans, the National Black Evangelical Association.
● Rev. Dr. Walter Arthur McCray is a “Gospelizer”--a holistic “Good News messenger” of the resurrected Lord, Jesus Christ (cf. Luke 4:18). He sees himself shining as “a Black Light of Christ.”
● Minister and Mission
● A native Chicagoan, Rev. Dr. McCray is a seasoned minister of the Gospel who has pursued this vocation for over four decades. Since receiving his call in 1969, the Lord has used him to encourage and edify the saints, to heal and serve the poor and oppressed, and to win the lost to Christ's salvation. His mission is to glorify God in the Name of Christ by being Black and of Christ. Gospelizing the poor, koinonia-izing the Church, and Africanizing biblical teaching are his specific emphasis.
● Holistic Experience
● The Holy Spirit has manifested several spiritual gifts that are evident in the life of Rev. Dr. McCray. He has been graced with the charisma of prophecy (Romans 12:6), the service of apostle (Ephesians 4:11), and the workings of the word of wisdom and the word of knowledge (1Corinthians 12:8).
● The 40+ year ministry of Rev. Dr. McCray reveals his multi-gifted witness to Christ. He has a broad range of experience as a preacher, pastor, Biblical teacher, national speaker/lecturer, author, editor, publisher, servant-leader, executive administrator, mission supporter, entrepreneur, and consultant in marital and group reconciliation, and in organizational development. Venues for his service have included local churches, Christian organizations, denominational associations and gatherings, community groups and organizations, social service agencies, senior citizens in public housing, the marketplace, the media, and international settings of Africa, and England.
● The words of Isaiah 50:4-5 often quicken him in ministry: “4The Lord GOD hath given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary: he wakeneth morning by morning, he wakeneth mine ear to hear as the learned. 5The Lord GOD hath opened mine ear, and I was not rebellious, neither turned away back.”